Within a law firm, productivity is measured by the efficiency and quality of provided legal services. High productivity means that your firm is maximizing its time and resources, which can translate to higher profitability. Low productivity typically indicates a problem within your processes. Time and/or resources are not being utilized to their best ability, which can negatively impact profits.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) offers an innovative way to increase productivity in all types of ways, and this post will give you some tips for leveraging it within your firm.
AI for Law Firms
AI works by observing and mimicking human actions to create human-like behaviors by computers. In a law firm setting that translates to software performing a variety of workflows and tasks with minimal input from firm members. Instead of spending valuable time on non-billable tasks each day, members can focus their time and efforts on the billable client work that brings revenue into the firm. These AI related time savings can lead to greater productivity and increased profitability.
How to Use AI to Streamline Your Law Firm Intake
How can AI fit into existing workflows? Is it secure? Is it worth the investment? Is it too machine-like? Learn more about the practical applications of AI in client intake, focusing on Law Ruler’s newly integrated features, ChatGPT marketing integration, and AI for email.
Time Saver #1: Document Management
The average law firm can spend a lot of time handling, creating, and seeking client documents each day. If those documents and files are in paper form, that time increases significantly, along with the risk of loss, destruction, and security breaches. Document management AI capabilities give firms the tools to maintain a paperless legal practice that utilizes cloud storage for unlimited space, enhanced security, and easier access by firm members.
Consider these ways that law firm AI streamlines legal document for greater time savings:
- Automated categorizing of client documents and organizing them into easily searchable files.
- Modification tracking for simple identification of all document edits and additions.
- Securely document and file sharing between firm members and authorized third parties.
- Automated document generation for time savings when creating emails, memos, contracts, and even court pleadings.
Time Saver #2: Case Preparation
Preparing a robust case can take weeks, months, and sometimes even years. While the high skill set of legal practice legitimizes this type of time commitment, AI technologies can help by automating some of the case preparation tasks. From the time spent researching case law to the time spent reviewing documents, AI technologies can save precious time with the case preparation process in a number of ways:
- Over the past decade, AI has become an integral part of document review due to its ability to search through large volumes of documents, emails, or other correspondence in a fraction of the time it takes the human eye. It can even quickly identify details as small as a particular phrase, as well as finding something as complex as an undetected pattern. After programming the AI powered search, firm members can spend their time on billable tasks while the software generates accurate and detailed results.
- Research of volumes of case law, statutes, and legal opinions to provide an up-to-date, comprehensive collection of relevant legal considerations.
- Predictive case analysis saves time by helping attorneys focus their preparation on possible and even probable case outcomes. AI technologies can analyze past judge rulings, as well as past behaviors of opposing counsel for in-depth analysis of possible case outcomes.
Time Saver #3: AI Assisted Legal Marketing
Though it is comprised of many unbilled tasks, legal marketing is an incredibly important step in generating law firm profits. As such, it can easily take up numerous hours of law firm time during any given week. AI streamlines legal marketing and the entire law firm client intake process to save time while also providing leads with an experience that drives conversions.
Client Relationship Management (CRM) software for law firms is a key software during this stage. AI automation handles the often time-consuming tasks of the law firm client intake process to create a legal sales funnel that is more efficient for the practice and more useful for viable leads.
Law Ruler is a leader in CRM for law firms, including the following AI time savers among its offered features:
- Automated communication drafting to send correspondence in seconds, including:
- Automated follow ups to new prospects, so that no inquiry goes with a response.
- Keeping in touch by sending automated targeted text, email, picture, and video reminders for consultation information, court dates, eSignature requests, and more.
- Pre-recorded voice messages with built-in call tracking and recording to further your marketing efforts or automate your follow-ups, freeing up much-needed time.
- Automated workflows that manage your leads and prospects through your pipeline reducing redundant administrative work during client intake.
AI is the Key to Law Firm Time Savings
AI capabilities help law firms save valuable time, which can ultimately increase profits, growth, and client satisfaction. That is why the Law Ruler team consistently works to provide law firms with the latest in AI innovations. To learn how Law Ruler’s AI features can save your form valuable time, schedule a demo today!
Transform Your Law Firm
Maximize your client intake process and acquire more leads with Law Ruler’s all-in-one legal intake and marketing automation software. Schedule a personalized, one-on-one demonstration of Law Ruler today!