Email marketing campaigns have become increasingly popular within the legal marketing space. Firms use them to quickly provide numerous leads with the information they need to make informed decisions about their legal representation. But the fast pace of legal practice can make email marketing management extremely challenging. It’s a time-consuming process, and in an industry driven by billable hours, firm members prefer to spend their valuable time on billable, more profitable tasks.
Client relationship management (CRM) software offers a viable solution for meeting the email marketing campaign challenge by helping attorneys send targeted content to the right people in an efficient manner. This post examines the roles of law firm CRM, the enhancement it brings to legal email marketing, and how it can be used to automate these campaigns.
The Role of CRM
Legal CRM software empowers law firms to manage relationships with potential and existing clients better. It streamlines marketing and intake processes while also promoting consistent communication. Some of the many features offered by law firm CRM include:
- Lead management – Law firms use these processes to grow and nurture relationships with leads towards the goal of converting them into paying clients.
- Reporting and analytics – With the ever-changing landscape of legal marketing, law firms need tools for analyzing the effectiveness of their marketing strategies. CRM software provides various reporting capabilities for monitoring marketing performance indicators and making strategic marketing decisions.
- Software Integrations – Integrations are essential to law firm productivity as attorneys seek efficient ways to serve existing clients while also nurturing new leads. A quality CRM offers numerous integration options for streamlining firm processes.
Combining CRM and Email Marketing
Email marketing is all about the personalization of content to meet the needs of leads and clients. When combined with law firm CRM capabilities, these tasks are streamlined as CRMs provide the data that firms need to manage targeted campaigns easily. By placing the focus on individual recipients instead of the general audience, law firm CRM drives client engagement which ultimately drives firm profitability.
Here’s a closer look at some of the ways legal CRM software enhances email marketing:
- A centralized data hub for client and lead data that can be accessed by numerous firm members. This greatly decreases the amount of time wasted trying to locate contact details or other information needed for the lead nurturing process.
- Automated internal alerts for vital marketing tasks like follow-up emails and calls. With the hustle and bustle of a law firm, these tasks can easily fall through the cracks. CRM alerts help firms ensure that these important sales funnel steps are handled in a timely manner.
- Tracking lead engagement history and location within the sales funnel. An effective email marketing campaign evolves as leads advance through the funnel. By tracking this information, firms can better target leads according to their updated status.
- Data for evaluating lead viability. The information gathered through CRM systems provides a more detailed view of leads and their likelihood of converting into clients. Firms can use this information to concentrate their efforts on the most viable leads.
- CRMs provide the details law firms need to craft personalized email marketing campaigns. With this data, firm members can review audience demographics and understand which marketing strategies receive the most positive response.
- Tracking firm engagement with existing clients for repeat business and referrals. Communication with current clients is also an important part of law firm marketing. With CRM, firms can craft email campaigns that specifically target these valuable audiences.
- Email templates that can be easily customized for better recipient engagement.
Using Law Firm CRM to Automate Email Marketing
One of the most beneficial aspects of combining legal CRM with email marketing campaigns is the ability for automation. These processes automatically manage tasks that would otherwise require manual completion by firm members. With automation, firms save time, money, and resources. Employees are freed to concentrate their efforts on billable tasks as law firms take advantage of features like:
- Automated drip campaigns that are programmed to begin when certain triggers occur, such as a lead clicking a website link or viewing a firm webinar.
- Automated re-engagement emails that target lost leads or former law firm clients.
- Automated appointment setting to begin client intake processes
- Automated chatbots that independently collect lead contact data and case information.
- Automated workflows that guide leads and prospects through the funnel to conversion.